You’re definitely a better blogger than me. I can’t keep a blog going for more than a couple of posts.
So if you’re a blogger why should you read this post?
Well, what I do know about is how to get traffic to your website.
Since 1997 I have owned and promoted a number of the busiest sites on the web, consulted with the most successful peak performance marketers in the world, and launched over 2 dozen websites and mobile applications. I would also not be surprised if I have visited more blogs than any other human.
I don’t say this out of a need to be acknowledged. I share this with you as I know what worked on the web 15 years ago and have figured out what works today. If you are at all interested in increasing your blog’s exposure then what I have to say may be helpful. If not, then ignore it.
Over the next few months I will share posts about different strategies for you to gain exposure as a blogger and for your blog.
This post is designed to share 3 ways that you can get the most out of BlogCatalog.
1. Establish Deep Connections with Other Bloggers
BlogCatalog is designed for quality bloggers to connect. It is a closed community. Meaning, it is only open to blogs and bloggers that are hand-approved. This community is about quality and not quantity. So, how can and does this benefit you?
When quality bloggers connect the natural result is that a community of readers is created around each blog. I have seen this countless times. Bloggers that participate in the BC discussions by sharing ideas, comments and whatever else is on their minds create a true, loyal following of bloggers that regularly visit their blogs and perhaps more important leave comments.
In today’s web environment it is much more powerful to have a tribe of “die-hard” fans than 1 million people that come to your blog and then leave, never to be seen again. Your “die-hard” tribe is the nucleus from which you can build a highly popular and “successful” blog.
2. Make Certain that You and Your Blog Look Great
Why? Do a Google book search for BlogCatalog and you will see that it is referenced in a large number of books. It is a site where publishers and news reporters visit to find blogs, bloggers and stories.
If your goal is to “be discovered” then it is a must to look your best on BlogCatalog.
To do this:
- Make certain that you have upload an avatar that looks great. It can be of anything though should be of crystal-clear quality and of something that stands out.
- Upload a beautiful, creative or attention grabbing image for each blog that you have on BlogCatalog. To do this, go to Settings, then to each blog and select add an image.
- Complete your Blogger Bio.
Doing these 3 things will make you look professional and ensure that you receive more exposure and traffic from BlogCatalog to your blog.
3. We Go Where You Go
BlogCatalog is both a community of bloggers and a directory of hand selected blogs. We exist to promote and expose blogs and bloggers that otherwise would not receive the attention they deserve.
If you want attention and are doing the work to continue to improve your blog then we want to connect with you wherever you hang out. If you spend time on any of the following networks please make certain to connect with us so that we can promote you there too.
- LinkedIn: Join the Power Bloggers group that is run by BlogCatalog
- Facebook, fan our FB page and post a blog post or more and we will connect with you and make certain to further promote your blog
- Twitter: We are always active on Twitter and will connect with you. Please be sure to include the hashtag #blogcatalog in your tweets so that we may retweet them. This will also encourage other BlogCatalog members to do the same.
BlogCatalog is on other social networks though these are the 4 where we can offer you the most benefit.
Take action now and either go and do these 3 things or set-aside some time to do them. If you do them, I guarantee that your blog traffic will increase.
If the above is not enough for you and you are extremely serious about getting exposure and increasing your traffic, I recommend that you become a VIB member, where for a small investment you’ll have us doing your Social Media Marketing.
About Antony Berkman
Passionate about social communities, blogging, new media and how to use them to make a positive difference.